Tél. : +33 2 54 29 16 00
Fax : +33 2 54 36 37 40
1- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small amounts of data transferred from a web server and stored in files within your computer’s browser. Cookies are accessible and stored by the websites you visit and by the companies that display their advertising on those websites so that they are able to recognise the browser. Websites only have access to cookies that they have stored on your computer. Cookies may not, under any circumstances, be used to retrieve data from your hard drive or access personal sensitive data.
If your internet browser is set to accept cookies, they will be stored in the browser or on the hard drive until the expiration date has passed or until you delete the cookies yourself.
- Use of the website: To help us recognise your browser as having previously visited and to record the preferences you set during your previous visit to www.balsan.com. For example, we may record your login information so that you do not have to log in each time you visit our website.
- Social networks: To check whether you are connected to third-party services (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.). Our website allows you to share our information on social networks and these cookies facilitate this process. We will not access your social media account.
- Targeting: To enable us to target the user browsing www.balsan.com, subsequently or in real time, for the purposes of e-mailing or database enhancement, such as with generic demographic data.
- Audience measurement: To monitor the statistical traffic data for our website and to measure and study the effectiveness of our interactive online content, its characteristics, advertisements and other communication to improve its services. By using Analytics cookies, we collect anonymous data about your use of our website and services, such as the pages you visit, the number of visits and any errors you may encounter.
- Operational purposes: To process your contact requests and sample orders and to keep the samples you wish to order in your cart as well as the recoloured designs added to your folder as favourites for direct marketing purposes (e.g. company names or addresses, business sector, etc.).
3- Links to other websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to other websites. Balsan SAS is not responsible for the information you provide to other websites that you may have accessed via these links.
4- Your choices regarding Cookies and Web Beacons
You may choose to configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, inform you when a cookie is issued, its validity period and its content, as well as to refuse it on your device and to regularly delete your cookies.
You can configure your internet browser to disable cookies. However, it is important to note that if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be saved on any website. If you delete our cookies, you can still use our website. For more information on how to delete and manage cookies stored on your computer, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
5- How to configure your browser
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the “Alt” key
3. In the menu at the top of the page, click on “Tools” then “Options”
4. Select the “Privacy” tab
5. In the “History” drop-down menu, click on “use custom settings for history”
6. A little lower, uncheck “Accept cookies”
7. Save your preferences by clicking “OK”
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. In the “Tools” menu, select “Internet options”
3. Click on the “Privacy” tab
4. Click on “Advanced” and uncheck “Accept”
5. Save your preferences by clicking “OK”
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the ‘three little dots’ icon in the top right corner
3. Select “Settings”
4. Click on the “Privacy and Security” tab
5. Select “Cookies and other site data”
6. Uncheck “Allow all cookies”
1. Open Safari
2. In the menu bar at the top, click on “Safari” and then “Preferences”
3. Select the “Security” icon
4. Next to “Accept cookies”, check “Never”
5. If you want to see cookies that are already saved on your computer, click on “Show cookies”