Manufacturing while protecting the environment
Constant adaptation for our industrial facility
RAW MATERIAL QUALITY
• Carefully selected raw material suppliers.
• Prioritising raw materials from suppliers near our industrial sites.
• Recycled components (recycled yarn, recycled first backing layer and base).
• Carefully monitored chemical content in the products used and awareness of any health risks.
• Products selected without volatile organic compounds.
A REDUCTION IN OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
• Changing our boiler burners to improve yield by 3 to 4%.
• NOx compliance.
• Using green energy to manufacture our carpet tiles.
• An activated sludge water treatment station and oxygenated pools used exclusively by the Balsan sites.
• Centralised technical management for our purification and treatment operations.
• The sludge produced by the treatment station is reprocessed as fertiliser on nearby
The most efficient management of water and electricity resources
BALSAN has reduced its water consumption by 52% over 5 years, and purifies its waste water with an activated sludge water treatment station.
On the Neuvy site, BALSAN uses renewable energy! What’s more, with every MWh consumed, 1 euro is used by EDF Entreprises to finance research projects for renewable energy, or to build new renewable energy power stations in France.