Bis Repetita Stanley Kubrick - Paris
Restaurant le 51, 51 rue de Bercy 75012 PARIS, FRANCE.
> En savoir plus sur l'exposition Stanley Kubrick
- Exhibition focusing exclusively on Stanley Kubrick, one of the great masters of global cinema,
- Exhibition initially created in 2004 by the Deutsches Filmmuseum in Frankfurt,
- A homage to the director to be situated in various spaces in the Paris Cinematheque in spring 2011,
- The exhibition was intended to take you into the heart of his set design in order to better understand the narrative intentions and techniques of this secretive and fascinating artist,
- In order to prolong the exhibition 'experience' and to celebrate the work of Stanley Kubrick, special evenings of music and activities were organised at the '51' restaurant, using his film “The Shining” as inspiration,
- Stephen King's novel “The Shining” (1980), is the story of Jack, who goes one winter with his wife and sons to looks after a very big, isolated mansion, which soon a becomes maelstrom of strange occurrences,
- The point of interest: seeing how Kubrick chose to make certain motifs regularly re-occur in his work,
- Enacting this theme in the restaurant focusing on certain colours in the carpet seen in the film.
- Design task focusing on the design of the hotel carpet in the film “The Shining”, to feature in the '51' restaurant's main space,
- Made-to-measure carpet inspired from a simple and exact design that reproduces the accurate pattern and colours, double-checked against samples,
- Carpet quality to be comfortable and of a quality that reflects the calibre of the event,
- Use of a carpet that ensure good acoustics and the absorption of reflected sound created by the flat smooth surfaces of the restaurant.
TOP DESIGN 1100, S6288 Ecorce.